- JVP Jobs
- Wrexham, North Wales
- Permanent, Full Time
Competitive salary + generous performance-related bonus
Rewarding career opportunity for a business development professional with substantial experience selling capital equipment and plant, although applications are welcome from experienced Sales Directors.
The employer is a global leader specialising in the design, development and manufacture of large precision machines and equipment. The company’s state of the art fully automated high-speed machines are designed, manufactured, built, and tested in Wrexham before being exported all over the world. As well as an established product portfolio, the company is pursuing multiple cutting-edge R&D projects.
Established for more than 25 years, the company prides themselves on innovation, boasting a highly knowledgeable, expert and multicultural workforce who benefit from a friendly environment with a strong emphasis on individual autonomy, teamwork, and business involvement.
The Role – Sales Director
Reporting to Managing Director / CEO, as the Sales Director you will manage your own targets while leading the Sales team to achieve team targets, with responsibility for the sustainable growth and profitability of the business and strengthening the company’s position within the market. Your duties will include:
- Developing and implementing the sales and marketing strategy
- Providing an operating plan to drive in new sales opportunities and customer improvements
- Launching a new company website and overseeing digital marketing, ensuring that the values promoted are appropriate and on brand
- Promoting and presenting the company’s engineering ability, building relationships and brand awareness within targeted market sectors
- Managing and collaborating with the Operations team to decipher engineering times and capabilities, ensuring that sales opportunities are maximised
- Managing the incentive budget and circulating monthly sales reports
- Analysing all KPIs and making recommendations for improvements
- Creating account management plans to ensure alignment with the customer and their strategies with large multi-year deals
- Evaluating and negotiating the terms and conditions of sales, while managing delivery terms
- Overseeing supplier component negotiation up to confirmation of the order
- Developing strategic partners and alliances, conducting joint account planning, demanding generation activities and supporting the sales process
- Selling new innovations and R&D projects to existing and potential customers
- Compiling technical sales quotations
- Defining customer service level agreements
- Implementing a new CRM into the company, ensuring all colleagues are trained
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences, and meetings
- Increasing business opportunities through new routes to market and new geographies
- Forecasting and managing the sales pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Keeping up to date with market intelligence, products and competitors
- Marketing analysis of customer and industry to identify new opportunities, completed via SWOT analyses, PESTEL (macro environmental challenges) and Porter (micro environmental challenges)
- Training, developing and supporting your team via on-going internal and external training
- Proven success in business development gained within an account relationship or senior executive role within a large enterprise
- Experience negotiating, and drafting and agreeing commercial documentation such as contracts and letter of credits
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial and commercially astute
- Ability to manage your own targets, whilst leading a sales team to achieve team targets
- Able to assist in the developing of sales strategies and setting new targets with FD/MD
- Excellent leadership, management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Process driven and can remain calm and inspire confidence under pressure
- Agile thinker, able to adapt to changes in markets
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout Europe and worldwide
Although not essential, experience selling capital equipment and plant is highly desirable.
As the Sales Director, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous performance-related bonus
- Private pension and healthcare cover after one years’ service
- Permanent contract with full time hours
- Based at the site on the Wrexham Industrial Estate in North Wales, with extensive overseas travel
How to Apply
All applications for this Sales Director vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Please note: JVP Group is NOT a recruitment agency, we have been appointed to work in partnership with the recruiting employer to support their recruitment process. Please note that applicants will initially be contacted by JVP prior to forwarding your CV to the recruiting employer.