- Permanent, Full Time
Salary in the region of £60,000 to £70,000 + great benefits
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. We are one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide.
In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. We design, manufacture, and install radiation shielding and other products for the nuclear, defence, healthcare, construction, industrial and research markets.
The Role - Engineering Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, as the Engineering Manager, you will lead an effective Engineering function for the business, whilst supporting the growth in the company’s overall engineering capability and the continuous improvement of performance.
You will be responsible for:
- Continuous improvement of overall machine efficiency and effectiveness
- Development and approval of preventative maintenance schedules, training and oversight along with an effective maintenance system
- Diagnostics and repair of complex breakdowns
- An effective and efficient inventory of spares
- Safe and HSE compliant equipment, services and infrastructure and safe systems of work, working closely with and under the oversight of the HSE function
- Selection and procurement of sub-contracted services, and oversight of contractors according to a safe system of work
- Specification of equipment and materials for procurement, and determination of approved suppliers
- Recruitment, training, motivation and performance management of suitably qualified and experienced technicians in the Engineering team
- Development and implementation of a strategic and effective multi-year capital expenditure programme, and post-investment appraisals
- Cost control and cost effectiveness of the Engineering function
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of the Engineering function
As the Engineering Manager, working from our Sealand Road premises on the outskirts of Chester City Centre, you’ll benefit from:
- A salary in the region of £60,000 to £70,000, with the level dependent on experience
- Permanent contract, working 35 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5pm, and Friday 8:30am to 12:30pm
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Our Requirements – Engineering Manager
- Proven experience in production or maintenance engineering within a heavy industrial environment
- Qualified to a minimum of HND in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Health and Safety qualifications
- Experience working to ISO 9000
- Hands-on approach and able to lead from the front
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
Although not essential, competency with Microsoft Office and Project, along with experience in lean manufacturing would be desirable.
All applications for this Engineering Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no
agency calls or agency CV submissions.