- Arriva Rail London
- London office with hybrid working option available
- Permanent, Full Time
Salary up to £55,000 + hybrid working option & attractive benefits
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (3rd Line Support) – hybrid working option available, enabling you to combine working from our offices in London with working from home.
Arriva Rail London is a train operating company, and we are responsible for running the London Overground network working in partnership with Transport for London. We have a workforce of over 1,500 people, and you’ll join the IT team consisting of 6 colleagues, where your efforts will be recognised and rewarded.
The Role – Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (3rd Line Support)
As Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering comprehensive 3rd line support. This will involve supporting Windows, Oracle, and cloud-based servers, virtualised and cloud-based technology and all end-user computing, providing management support for the end user experience. Specific duties will include:
- Ensuring all request for support are dealt with
- Mentoring, coaching, and training more junior members of the IT Support team
- Reviewing operational metrics such as capacity, performance, availability, taking action to ensure corrective and proactive infrastructure maintenance
- Driving issue prevention by employing root-cause analysis, issue tracking, trend analysis and status reporting
- Collating weekly and monthly performance information, providing reports and proposals for improvement and service reviews
- Delivering a range of technical services e.g., event management, virtual infrastructure management, storage support, disaster recovery and knowledge management etc.
- Assisting with resolving customer issues, working closely with applications teams and other resolvers as required
- Anticipating, identifying, and assessing complex issues / problems
- Managing ad hoc projects, becoming familiar with project implementation to ensure change management processes are followed
- Using data centre management tools to plan, record and manage the types of infrastructure installed and the associated power, space and cooling capabilities, usage, and actions to meet sustainability targets
Our Requirements – Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (3rd Line Support)
- Solid experience gained in a similar role, with strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and communication standards
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Working knowledge of Hypervisor and Check Point Firewall, as well as Microsoft Operating Systems and Citrix technologies
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a reactive environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with good analytical and reporting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team and lead by example
Although not essential, an ITIL foundation qualification or equivalent would be advantageous, as would technical knowledge of railway specific applications and systems.
- Salary up to £55,000, with the level dependent on experience
- Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 9am and 5pm
- Hybrid working option available, enabling you to combine working from our offices in Swiss Cottage, London with working from home
- Flexible working options available where practical e.g., annualised hours, shift working, staggered hours, part-time working, compressed hours, career breaks etc.
- Free travel on the Transport for London network for commuting and leisure, with discounts on international rail travel for yourself, partner, and children
- Railway pension scheme
- Life cover
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance plan, offering unlimited access to counselling, legal information, a physio line, and more
- Cycle to work scheme
More About Us
We’re proud to say we’re part of a major European employer, and our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. We value every contribution from our diverse workforce that is reflective of our service users, and who make us stronger. Developing the very best employees is at the heart of what we do. That’s why we aim to provide all colleagues with worthwhile long-term employment, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a safe, supportive, and motivating work environment.
All applications for this Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (3rd Line Support) role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.