- Luxfer MEL Technologies
- Swinton, Greater Manchester
- Permanent, Full Time
In the region of £42,000 to £55,000 + potential annual bonus
Maintenance Manager – Zirconium plant
Luxfer MEL Technologies is a global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of Magnesium and Zirconium based products and services to technology industries worldwide. Our high-value solutions help to improve people’s lives, keep them safer, and make their work more productive.
We are a forward-thinking business with approximately 300 employees across the UK and US, and you’ll be joining our head office based in Swinton, Greater Manchester.
The Role – Maintenance Manager
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will play a key role as part of the engineering management team, assuming responsibility for overseeing both preventative and reactive maintenance activity across the Zirconium arena of the UK site (predominantly chemical based, although you may at times be required to work on the foundry / manufacturing part of the site).
Your further duties will include, although will not be limited to:
- Managing 8 to 13 direct reports across a mixture of days and 24/7 shift patterns, identifying and setting objectives and ensuring these are delivered
- Managing preventative maintenance and routine scheduled servicing in accordance with manufacturer recommendations, working with the Reliability and CI Manager
- Dealing with equipment breakdowns, troubleshooting and fault finding, and effecting repairs
- Identifying repeated issues and developing improvements to reduce recurrence
- Updating and maintaining accurate information on the company CMMS
- Contacting and arranging external contractors
- Controlling maintenance budget spend
You may also be required to assist in the installation and upgrade of new and existing equipment and services.
- A salary in the region of £42,000 to £55,000, with the level dependent on experience
- Potential to earn annual bonus
- Generous holiday package
- Company pension
- Participate in company share option scheme
- Free on-site parking
You will be employed on a permanent contract working from our site in Swinton, Greater Manchester, working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday with flexibility required to work Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays when required.
Our Requirements – Maintenance Manager
- Proven experience working in Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance of chemical plant, with working knowledge of hydraulic / pneumatic systems, chemical pumps, gas burner controls, electrical control panels, PLC control systems, and overhead cranes
- Experience gained leading a team of people, ideally across different shift patterns
- A formal Engineering training qualification, with the ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise tasks and work well under pressure with excellent attention to detail and competent fault-finding skills
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Although not essential, the following are desirable:
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, and GEM PLCs
- Gas Safe certified
- BOAS Boiler certificate
- Management or leadership qualifications
- 17th / 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations qualification
- Knowledge of PLC programming / fault finding, Beamex, CMMS (preferably Agility), and instrument calibrations
- IPAF Cherry Picker and FLT licence
More about us:
We are an innovative technology driven business where Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, Personal Development and Teamwork are our core values. At Luxfer we are passionate about what we do; the products we develop and manufacture and our long-term partnership with our customers.
All applications for this Maintenance Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no
agency calls or agency CV submissions.